Investigation: CPD23 Blogs and their bloggers
9/21/2011 02:39:00 PM | Author: Christa
Yeah, so I lied. I didn't catch up with CPD23 last month like I said I would. [insert typical blogger excuses about life and work and whatever here] But, I'm back now and I think I'm ready to go. So, let's do this!

According to the Delicious list, there are now 783 blogs registered to participate in 23 Things for Professional Development. WOW! And for Thing 2 I'm supposed to explore these blogs and get to know their writers? Where the heck do I start? Well, when in doubt, start at the top. So, I started looking at the most recently added blogs.

I've been involved in running one of these 23 Things programs myself in the past, and we currently have an ongoing program like this at MPOW. So, I wasn't surprised to find many of the blogs started with great fanfare and energy about participating in this great project, but then sadly abandoned. It's just the nature of the beast. It seems like a great idea at the time, but then various factors conspire to prevent you from working on it. It's OK. It happens. I think, just having heard that these kinds of programs exists is a success. Maybe it wasn't possible to jump fully into this one, but maybe when the next one comes along, the time will be right.

So, on down the list I go. Now I've decided to do a quick and dirty comparison of posts from local, Nebraska, participants and participants from other countries. I'm curious to see what people from completely different places will say about the same things. Now, I didn't go thru all 700+ blogs, of course. :) But, I did read thru 5-10 from the list. And I was happy, and I realized not really surprised, that librarians from all parts of the globe seem to have the same issues, concerns, problems, ideas, etc about the topics presented to them in CPD23. Very cool! Now, there are local flavors to the posts of course. Recognizing people and places mentioned in Nebraska-centric posts is a very different experience than not having any idea what posts from other countries are talking about. But, the best part about it? It made me want to learn more about locations I've never been to before! And before I knew it, I was sucked into the internet, surfing away.

Finally, I had to drag myself up and out so I could write this post. I'm sure I'll end up back there again someday, though.
This entry was posted on 9/21/2011 02:39:00 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.