Meet your ancestors
2/19/2007 03:22:00 PM | Author: Christa
I'm not sure if these two things are connected, but if it is, it's pretty cool.

Cool Thing #1

I just discovered this new web site called Geni.com (Thanks, Michael!). It's a web site where you can create your own family tree.

But, the best part is that you can invite other members of your tree to add to it too! So, I invited a bunch of my family members to join.

I started the tree quickly one night, with about 20 people. Since then, people on both my mom's and dad's sides of my family have added to it. Now there are over 100 people in my tree! Thanks to my Aunt Gina, I now know that my twelfth great-grandparents on my dad's side were John and Elishua Crowell. How cool is that?!

Cool Thing #2

February is Black History Month. Why is that cool to me? Well, it is said that way back somewhere I have a black ancestor! I think I'm something like 1/64th black. Nothing major, but still very cool.

I wonder which ancestor on my tree she is?
This entry was posted on 2/19/2007 03:22:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.