Goin' to the chapel...
2/25/2007 07:53:00 PM | Author: Christa
...and we're gonna get married!

I just had to use the best gettin' married song ever to make our big announcement. Which means you've probably already guessed, but I'll say it anyway.

John and I are engaged!

He totally surprised me. I am so clueless. He's been grumpy and down this past week or so. I thought he was bored or upset, but he said he wasn't. Turns out he was trying to figure out how to do it! And he wanted to ask my mom for her permission/blessing.

Last night I was on the phone with her and he decided that was his chance. As I was finishing up talking to my mom, he asked for the phone. I was confused, but I gave it to him and he asked her permission. So sweet and old fashioned. She said he didn't have to ask her, it was my decision, but he said it was just the right thing to do.

Well, obviously she said yes, and then I said yes. And there was much crying and hugging and kissing.

There is a ring...well, a diamond actually. John has a family heirloom diamond that has been passed down thru his family, with each new owner putting it into a new setting for themselves. His grandfather gave to his grandmother. Then his grandfather passed it on to John's dad. And John's dad passed his ring on to him. And now we will take the family diamond and put it into a setting for us.

No other plans yet. It's all new for us, we're just enjoying the moment for now. And I'm not the type of girl who has always thought about what her wedding would be like. I'm starting from scratch here.

I'll post updates as our plans progress. Wish us luck!
This entry was posted on 2/25/2007 07:53:00 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On February 26, 2007 at 1:52:00 PM CST , Karin Dalziel said...

Wowee! Congratulations! I can't wait for the wedding. :D

 
On March 14, 2007 at 4:49:00 PM CDT , Rosario said...

Major congratulations!!! from southern California