I AM blogging this!
1/23/2007 11:35:00 PM | Author: Christa
I'm a little behind the times on this one. But, my friend and colleague, Allana, just pointed me to David King's recent series of posts on inviting participation in Web 2.0. Definitely required reading for any web content creators, like me. I am eagerly awaiting more posts in the series!

But, his first example of an unintentional invitation is great! It's from last August, when he celebrated his second blogging anniversary. Hmm....I wonder if I'll ever have one of those?

Watch the video. Read the lyrics. Click the lyrics!

WARNING!
This tune will get stuck in your head and you will not be able to get rid of it!

Bet you didn't know librarians were so talented. Rock on!
This entry was posted on 1/23/2007 11:35:00 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On January 24, 2007 at 11:05:00 AM CST , Karin Dalziel said...

That's a great post. (I couldn't watch the video, it'll have to wait till I get home) I am often frustrated by my lack of ability to get others on board with web technologies. I considered it a MAJOR victory when I got my dad to actually read my blog. And post a comment! I've been trying to get my mom to use del.icio.us for some time to share links, I even installed the plugin on her computer. I tried to get my family to commit to a communal, family blog. Heck, I can't even get my husband to read my website!

I get discouraged and stop trying, which is sad. But I think there is a potential for these technologies as a relationship building tool- especially for those of us who don't live near each other. The same is true for libraries and technologies- and I hope someday to help build communication in that arena as well.

Hopefully I'll do better than I have with my family.

The really hard part is getting people who are not using the technologies at all to use them.

 
On January 24, 2007 at 4:11:00 PM CST , Christa said...

I hear ya! My reason for starting a blog was to keep in touch with the family in NY. But, everytime I mention it to my mom, she says something like "i think i saved that url somewhere...". Sigh.

Keep up the nagging, Karin! Together, we can drag our families kicking and screaming into the future!

 
On January 30, 2007 at 5:02:00 PM CST , Susan said...

I got my mom to use Flickr - and now she sends Flickr mail back and forth with my co-workers and friends (is that a good thing?). I also had to explain second life avatars to her after we posted pictures of our SL avs to our Flickr sites. Kidding aside though, I do think it's a good thing.