Put the blog in reverse...
12/04/2006 10:35:00 PM | Author: Christa
...just for a bit.

I wanted to share our delicious Thanksgiving dinner.

The whole spread

Click on the picture to see what we had.

Thanks to Mom sending me some of my Pfaltzgraff dishes that I got last Christmas, this is the first time that everything was on Jamberry! Yea! Of course, Pfaltzgraff has since retired my pattern, so it's going to be very hard to get anymore Jamberry additions. I just hope that they will make it into a By Request pattern.

Here's a better picture of the TWENTY POUND TURKEY! Poor thing barely fits on the platter.

After
(Roast Turkey with Rosemary-Garlic Crust. Turkey was rubbed with a mixture of 4 sticks of butter, 2 heads of garlic and 1 cup of fresh rosemary.)

And you won't believe what I heard! On the Wednesday after Thanksgiving, after six straight days of turkey, John actually said "I think I'm getting sick of turkey". Gasp!! Can you believe it? Ha! That's what he gets for picking out a 20 pound turkey. He promised that next year the bird will only be 15 pounds. We'll see.

So, we made the leftover turkey we still had into Turkey a la King on Wednesday, and Turkey Manicotti on Thursday. Then we had Taco Bell on Friday. We ate the last scraps of the turkey on Saturday. It's finally over!

And John can't wait till next year. ;)
This entry was posted on 12/04/2006 10:35:00 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.