So, we left for the airport today at about 3:30pm for our 6:10 flight. I checked the United website before we left, and our flights were on time, but with the blizzard in Colorado, you never know. Slight mist and some fog, but nothing major. Got a good spot in long term parking. Hardly any people in line at the United counter. But, as I searched the monitor, I saw CANCELLED, CANCELLED, CANCELLED. Uh oh. But wait! Our flight wasn't cancelled! It was just delayed. No problem!
We get our turn at the counter, and the agent checks the computer. Yup, our flight to Chicago is delayed. But our next leg, to Albany, is already cancelled! ARGH! Bad weather in Chicago and on the East coast. OK, so what flight can we get out on next? From Lincoln, our next option is on the 24th. Yup, the day before Christmas.
But there is still hope! If we drive up to Omaha, we can go tomorrow night. Yea!
So, we're back home tonight. All packed up and no where to go. John is mopey. He wants to be in NY already. I think it is nice to have one relaxing night before all the craziness starts up again.
The next time you hear from me, it should be from NY!