Happy Turkey Day!
11/23/2006 08:50:00 PM | Author: Christa
Hope everyone is happily stuffed and napping!

Me? Stuffed - yes. Napping - not yet.

We went to John's aunt and uncle's in Seward for dinner today. They smoked their turkey, but only for about 4 hours, then finished it off in the oven. So, the smokyness was subtle, not overpowering like it can sometimes get when you smoke something. Very very yummy! We had lots of fun visiting with aunts, uncles and cousins. We are all exhausted.

But, no rest for me yet. We are having our own Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. John is a turkey fiend, so we have to do our own dinner, complete with a 20 pound turkey. Yup, you heard that right - 20 freaking pounds! For 3 people! Did I mention that John is a turkey fiend? You know the dad in A Christmas Story? Yeah, that's John.

So, tonight we are baking two pumpkin pies, cooking giblets for the gravy, and cooking rosemary-garlic butter that will be slathered all over the turkey tomorrow. Mmmmmm. Of course, the turkey was still frozen tonight, so it is currently soaking in water in the sink so that I can get the giblets out. 20 pound turkey. Sheesh.

In addition to TWO Thanksgiving dinners, I also have a big project planned for this long weekend. I am going to attempt to take pictures of all my floaty pens and upload them to my Flickr Floaty Pen group. I estimate that I have 50-60 pens. At least, that I have found so far. I'm sure there are more hiding on my dresser or in my desk or who knows where. This will definitely be a never ending project.

Tune in next time to see how it all turns out!
This entry was posted on 11/23/2006 08:50:00 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.